Thursday, July 22, 2010

SUPER EASY Odd Owl Use and Handy Tip

Here is a really easy idea to use your owl punch for another character.  How about a little Trick or Treat-er?


Yes, turn that old owl upside down - snip off his feet.
With the owl punch in black use the 2 smaller circles for eyes and 2 hearts for his shoes.
Add a little highlight mark on the eyes with a white gel pen.
That's it.  They don't get much easier than this!

HANDY TIP:

The owl can be a little hard to push down (it is cutting a lot of edges, after all) 

So if you only need the tiny heart or just the owl breast - put a smaller piece or smaller strip of paper into the punch - looking at the punch upside down to make sure you are getting the paper in the spot you need and PUNCH.  The punch will "do its thing" much easier with just the small bit of paper in it.

I have to put the punch on the desk and press down when I need the WHOLE owl and parts.

But if I just have a BIT of paper in it, I can hold the punch in my hand upside down and squeeze.

Try it and see if that works for you.

4 comments:

Whimcees said...

Hello!

This is so clever and so cute! I love it and will definitely use this little guy on my Halloween cards! :<)

I also loved your Italian guy! You are a never ending source of talent!

Wishing you a good week! :<)

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

slbt17 said...

so cute!
Sandra

Veronica said...

Kinda reminds me of Cousin It on the Addams Family, too.

Carolyn Sharkas said...

You know, I just knew you would come up with some clever ideas for this punch, and here you go!

hugs