Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I love you THIS MUCH Snowman

The Inspiration Fairy was nowhere to be found yesterday - maybe she is busy Christmas shopping? 

But it is okay, because inspiration was delivered to my inbox, thanks to Janine Wills, a member of the Stampin' Up Late Night Stampers yahoo group.

Janine stamped and shared the cutest card.  A snowman with the opossum (from the retired set Mini Mates) hanging from his very stretched out arms and her sentiment was... 

outside: "This Christmas, as always..."
inside: "I love you THIS much". 

So so so cute!  She mentioned that the inspiration for her card had 2 birds on his arms.

Here is my version - recycling a previous snowman - with Janine's idea and 2 birds on a tag...



This is a BIG old tag so let me show you each side
Left: 

buttons from my stash and my sloppy printing

And sorta the right side:


And in case you want to make a tiny cardinal:


blurry photo but you can get the idea:
half a 3/4 inch circle red
half a 1/2 inch circle red sponged with bravo burgundy
half a standard hole punch black
quarter standard hole punch summer sun

I can see using this idea in some form or fashion as a border on the bottom of a scrapbook page.  Alas and drats, there is no room on my desk for a sheet of 12x12 paper - MUST clean up before I scrap.

4 comments:

Creations by Patti said...

OK OK - this is waaay tooo cute for words...........you've been hanging outside too long....way cute. I can't stand it.........will I have time to CASE this or enjoy it from a far? TFS so much!!!

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Of course I want to make a tiny cardinal! I love this card, too cute. Love the long arms on the snowman. thanks again for making me smile.

Hugs,

Beach Cat ! said...

OH MY GOSH Ellen, I have had food stuck in my teeth that was bigger than those bird beaks! LOVE these cards --- and made a few just like 'em. Thank you for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

I love this card and had to have my 1st grade Wednesday night kid's group make them. I adapted the inscription to read "Jesus Loves You Snow Much."

I also adapted the red birds to make some somewhat larger ones. I haven't used them yet but plan to make a couple of cards with these little cuties on the front.

http://buggalcrafts.wordpress.com/2013/01/06/handmade-cardinal-die-cut/

I'd love to see the post on which you based your gift tags on if you have the link! Thanks.