Friday, December 18, 2009

My Christmas Card

My friends and family should have received their cards by now so I can share this with you....



I told you all that I thought this snowman was cute.  And even after using him on so many cards and projects - I STILL like him.

This is what is called a "joy fold" card - I don't know how it got the name - maybe someone named Joy popularized it?  Whatever - it worked well for me this year. 

The blue part lifts up to reveal the sentiment.  The wish big circle element is on dimensionals and it holds the focal point down until you are ready to open the card.  This gave me space to have a cute card front, record my holiday message, include a short note about our family AND include a wallet size photo of my girls.


It is all Stampin' Up except I borrowed a snowflake embossing folder from a friend.  This has embossing, stamping, punching, texture wheel, sponging, ribbon, marker details and on and on 80 times.

I am not good about getting cards out during the year, but Christmas Cards are MY THING.  I know lots of stampers make a variety of cards at Christmas but for me that creates the AGONY of deciding "which card goes to who?"

It is much better for me to mass produce one themed card.  And I make a layout with the card, photo and  letter which serves as the "divider" in our chronological Christmas scrapbook to indicate the change in year.



INFO:  College girl should arrive home today or tomorrow so my posts may not be daily during the holidays.  You need to be finishing up your holiday preparations and enjoying your family anyway - not surfing blogs!  (grin)

I'll be here - just maybe not everyday.  Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Juliet A said...

This card is brilliant - it never occurred to me that I could turn a joy fold card this direction, and the way you used the various parts of it are brilliant! There are 80 very lucky people out there.

Whimcees said...

Great card! Your friends and family who receive this card will smile when they see it! :<)

Wishing you a wonderful holiday season with your family!

Barbara Diane

Creations by Patti said...

Great job on your Xmas card - I love this kind of "fancy fold" - fabulous. (yeek .....80!!!! Lucky 80 who got them!) TFS

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays Ellen...lovely card.

Sara

CarrieNixon said...

Have a great holiday with your family, Ellen!

Thanks for a pile of inspiration this Christmas. As a new demo, you were a huge help. This is my fave blog, and I check out quite a few. Can't wait to see your ideas for 2010!!!

Carrie

P.S. I love your polls too.. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the layout of this card! Very creative and includes every perfect element of a holiday card. Great job!

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Those girls are beautiful and the card is too cute. I love to see those smiling faces. I am backing off a little from blogging for the holidays, too.

Linda Callahan said...

Very cute card - beautiful girls!