Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Out of Practice - makes me blue....

Yep, its really me.

FINALLY posting punch art after ?? years.....

I recently started scrapbooking a little bit which is LOADS of fun.  Toyed with the idea of trying to punch but eh... didn't excite me.  Then I got an email request and thought "oh, why not"

I am soooooooooooooooooooooo out of practice.  It makes me feel a bit blue.  Just like this requested smurf.


He looks a bit like a blue ELMO.  His eyes need to be narrower and his nose smaller but hey, I tried.  You can tweak him a bit - and give him some props to cover any bits you don't like. I'm happy I could figure out how to post this.  

Its been years since I've even looked at a Stampin' Up! catalog so I don't even know what punches are current - I suspect lots of these are retired but maybe you have them deep in your stash...

Here's the how to help:

  • Hat - Full heart - trimmed by sticking in a circle punch
  • Head - 1 1/4 inch circle - trimmed by stick back in the same circle and just taking off a tiny sliver
  • Nose and ear (not shown) the wing from two step bird punch
  • Body - owl - ears and feet trimmed off
  • Pants - owl - feel off - trimmed by sticking in a circle punch
  • Hands - modern label - trimmed with circle (or oval punch)
  • Arms (and legs) - medium oval hole with two slivers punched beside it - toss the oval - keep the slivers
  • NOT SHOWN - brim of hat - large oval around small oval hole - giving you an oval ring - trim a piece of that 
  • NOT SHOWN - eyes - circles - don't do what I did - it looks like Elmo - trim some circles down
  • mouth is drawn on
Edit:  Couldn't stand the Elmo Smurf - did a quick eye change shown on the right smurf below- better - I can live with you copying THIS one.....  (drew on eyebrows too - he needs them)

10 comments:

Amy said...

Yay!! I've missed you!! Such a nice surprise in my blog feeder. I've been on a funky burn out too and haven't touched my blog in years. Welcome back. Even if it's just for today. :)

Ellen Kemper said...

Thanks Amy - I struggled to remember how to post.

sherryl said...

I think it is great ,I have most of the punches too. Ellen thank you so much for doing this .

Ellen Kemper said...

you are so welcome Sherryl

Anonymous said...

Ellen, I am so glad you are back even if it is just a quick moment. check your blog about every week to make sure I have not missed your return. Hope family is all well. Love the smuffer. Marci Parrott

Cindy Adachi said...

Glad you are back. I have always loved your creations and your posts!

KathyKB said...

Missed you as well. The smurf is adorable.

Anonymous said...

So glad to see your punched creations again!! So cute!!
Hope all is well with you and your family.
Chris R.

Anonymous said...

so happy to see you on line! Hope you are well

B.McLeod said...

I found your punch art on Pinterest and had to check out your blog. I'm so sorry to see you aren't posting at this time but I'm hopeful you will come back to it. You do fabulous, creative work. Your ideas and punch uses have gotten me to think outside the box. I hope you return but understand that sometimes you have to move on. Thank you