FINALLY posting punch art after ?? years.....
I recently started scrapbooking a little bit which is LOADS of fun. Toyed with the idea of trying to punch but eh... didn't excite me. Then I got an email request and thought "oh, why not"
I am soooooooooooooooooooooo out of practice. It makes me feel a bit blue. Just like this requested smurf.
He looks a bit like a blue ELMO. His eyes need to be narrower and his nose smaller but hey, I tried. You can tweak him a bit - and give him some props to cover any bits you don't like. I'm happy I could figure out how to post this.
Its been years since I've even looked at a Stampin' Up! catalog so I don't even know what punches are current - I suspect lots of these are retired but maybe you have them deep in your stash...
Here's the how to help:
- Hat - Full heart - trimmed by sticking in a circle punch
- Head - 1 1/4 inch circle - trimmed by stick back in the same circle and just taking off a tiny sliver
- Nose and ear (not shown) the wing from two step bird punch
- Body - owl - ears and feet trimmed off
- Pants - owl - feel off - trimmed by sticking in a circle punch
- Hands - modern label - trimmed with circle (or oval punch)
- Arms (and legs) - medium oval hole with two slivers punched beside it - toss the oval - keep the slivers
- NOT SHOWN - brim of hat - large oval around small oval hole - giving you an oval ring - trim a piece of that
- NOT SHOWN - eyes - circles - don't do what I did - it looks like Elmo - trim some circles down
- mouth is drawn on