Monday, August 31, 2009

Forgetful Fish Card

I giggle every time I look at this card.  No, it doesn't look exactly like Dory in Finding Nemo but it was similar enough that I couldn't resist adding a quote from her to this belated birthday card.
Do you recognize the punch?  It is the new ornament punch turned sideways. (available Sept.1). If you were thinking an ornament punch isn't versatile and you don't need it - think again! You have already seen me make an acorn and a fish in the last few days - who knows what else can be created?!?  
The details:
Punches: For fish -ornament, modern label, half inch circle, standard hole punch. For card - 1 1/4 circle, 1 3/8 circle, 1 3/4 circle, scallop border.  
Cardstock: Bermuda Bay, YoYo Yellow, Basic Black, Whisper White. 
Ink: Bermuda Bay.
Markers: Black, Bermunda Bay
Accessories: Bermuda Bay grosgrain ribbon, mini library clip, dimensionals
Other tools: sponge
Sentiment and quote were computer generated. 

5 comments:

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Yep! I knew you would be famous, lol. I love this fish, and it does remind me of Dory. Too cute!
How cool is that punch? Mine will be coming in on
Wednesday and I am excited to try making the fish and the acorn, oh and maybe punch a few ornaments, just cuz.

Hugs,

Just Sponge It! said...

Love your fish! I'm always so happy when someone finds another use for a punch other than whats intended for. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Wow Ellen that is so cute. I am ordering that later this month (I wasnt going to but I am becoming addicted to punches) I will definately be casing him later.

Judy said...

This is one of the cutest fish I've seen!! Dori is my favorite movie character, so I really need to make her!! You've sold me on the ornament punch. It is going on my wish list!! :)



Judy

JulieA said...

LOL! I love that movie and immediately thought of Dory when I saw this clever fish. Nice!