Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Blossom Petal Builder Punch Pooch

Did I really NEED to punch yet another dog?  No, but let's just be glad I punched something...


And he did turn out kinda cute...

Head and Body - Feather Duster looking part of the Blossom Petal Builder (BPB), for head insert small end into 1/2 inch circle to shorten and round for his forehead.
Muzzle - large leaf BPB - trimmed on one end to "match"
Ears - small leaf BPB
Paws - small blossom BPB, trimmed flat on one side
Tail - large oval next to hole of same
Nose - 1/2 inch circle on edge of paper
Tongue - any small circle next to hole of same - trim end to round
Collar - 3/4 circle around 1/2 circle hole
Heart tag - small heart to heart (old tiny punch from SU  - might match eyes on the owl punch???)
Ring on color - circle from itty bitty punch pieces around standard hole punch hole
Eyes - small heart in white, standard hole punch in black

This was inspired by a stamp in a 2001 catalog that I am not allowed to name due to SU Cult Rules -Why are they paranoid about admitting other companies have nice product?  (I can't answer because I don't understand the cult mentality)

The real question is why do I still have ANY company's 2001 catalog?....  might be time to do some more purging around here...

14 comments:

Whimcees said...

Hello!

What a cutie! I am happy to see your posting and love the new creation!

Wishing you a happy day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

RedGem said...

What a perfect pooch! Glad I purchased the blossom punch... I knew it would come in handy. You are very creative. tks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Now this is a pooch I can love and punch since I too am a compulsive punch buyer......Scrap box here I come...Pansy

Demi said...

Yeah! You and the inspiration fairy have teamed up again. So nice to see you both back.

zuziqu said...

Ah, the inspiration fairy has visited you! Love your little pooch. Sue

Anonymous said...

It is so great to see your post this morning. What an adorable little pooch! I'm so glad I have that blossom punch.
Chris R.

kraftykat157 said...

I'm glad you are back! if i change the colors I can have my dog daisy
TFS

Terri said...

I'm so glad to see you using this punch for something else besides the flowers - thank you! Also, wondering about the triple layer punches unique ideas? We need your help!

Anonymous said...

YOU ARE BRILLIANT

Mary said...

Love that little pooch!

Judy McMullen said...

This is adorable! Very clever use of the blossom petal builder punch!! TFS!

Mary R. said...

This pup is adorable! One of the reasons I bought this punch was I saw potential beyond flowers. Thanks for sharing this project and your creativity.

Chrissy said...

Hi, I love this, is it from an old SU catalogue?

Ellen Kemper said...

Thank you. Yes this old. I haven't seen a SU catalog in several years. I'm sure it is gone.