Monday, June 21, 2010

Matchy Matchy

Things are calming down around here.  Out of town family has returned to their own abode.  Hubby is getting ready to leave on another business trip and "kid that lives at home" has no scheduled activities this week that require my presence or my car.  Woo hoo - Paper Time!!!

But since I haven't had that time to work YET - I have no cute little punchie to share.

What I do have is a link to a blog by a couple of Canadian demonstrators who have the codes for ink to match all the new Stampin' Up! Colors that take effect in July.  This means you can print your sentiments or journaling on your computer and have your ink match your Stampin' Up! Paper.

Now some of you are jumping up and down because you have used these codes before and you are color match freaks (like me).

Some of you are scratching your head and going "huh?"

And some of you have already moved onto the next blog.

For you "huh?" ladies....Let me give you an example of how I used these codes.

Let's say I want to print some journaling in Early Espresso (Which I think is going to usurp Chocolate Chip's place in my heart).  The RGB code is R-88, G-72, B-57,

If I am in WORD (which is what I use for typing my journaling), on the home page there is a tool bar with an "A" on it and a thick line of color underneath it.  When I click it I see a choice of colors.  Click on "more colors".  Then I see 2 tabs - one says standard and one says custom.  Click on "custom".  You will see three boxes where you can type the appropriate number for red green and blue - in this case 88,72,57.

I haven't tried ALL the codes these ladies provide, but do take a minute to check it out if COLOR MATCHING is your thing.

I have been trying to leave a thank you comment on their blog for providing the codes but can't get it to work.  So ladies, Tanya and Renee, if you should ever stumble upon this post please know that I am very grateful for the information!  You ROCK!

5 comments:

Ruby said...

Wow, what a great link. I didn't know there were actually people out there like moi! Its like finding your family... I'm so happy, but I must leave now as I'm getting teary-eyed.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much! I thought it was just me! Hello fellow hex sisters! Off to journal in a coordinated fashion now . .thank you!

Veronica said...

Thanks for sharing the link!

Carolyn Sharkas said...

thanks for sharing.

hugs,

Kathynruss said...

TYFS. Will have to try these codes when journaling or printing up something for a card. FYI, if you can't leave a comment, you can usually e-mail them and they'll be glad to know about the problem and fix it!