Saturday, June 26, 2010

Not Rabbit Stew...

I am lucky #27  (Twenty seven is your lucky number, isn't it?) on the VC Rocks blog hop this weekend.  Which is almost the tail end.  We have 29 ladies on this 2nd ever VC Rocks Blog Hop.

You may have come here from Brandy's blog or you may be a regular reader.  Either way, if you want to start at the beginning of the hop or if you get lost along the way - you can find all the links HERE.

One day this week, kid who lives at home (boy, does she need a better name) and her best buddies were BORED so I suggested they grab a cookbook, pick a new recipe, do some grocery shopping and cook my dinner.  (My $ for the shopping, of course)

It was a great idea. They learned something new and I didn't have to cook. They made me a very nice dinner.  But that got me thinking about recipes and then recipe cards and well, of course, a punch project.


He isn't hard - here is the "how to"
Head - modern label

Hat - scallop circle trimmed -look at the photo,count the bumps at the top - that is how much you leave when you cut.

Nose - wing from two step bird

Moustache - curly label next to curly label hole - (if you have your punch upside down you can see what you are doing)

Arms - pieces of oval ring (large oval punched around a small oval hole)

Hands - circle from itty bitty shapes pack at the tips of the modern label

Body - 1.75 circle snipped at neckline with circle punch (size not that important -1 inch or 3/4 inch - it won't matter)

Soup pot - approx 2 inch by 1.75 inch rectangle - stuck bottom corners as far as possible into 1.75 circle to round them - Let me clarify - I have the biggest SU circle punch upside down and I put the rectangle into the circle's opening so that only a corner is "in the punch" - push in as far as you can and PUNCH.  Repeat for the other bottom corner.

I really was just going to have the chef adding carrots to the pot...

But being near the "tail end of the HOP" - I couldn't resist making a rabbit tail end.

Rabbit rear - 3/4 inch circle in soft suede
Rabbit tail - puffy from itty bitty shapes pack in very vanilla
Carrots - narrow Heart to Heart cut in 1/2 in tangerine tango
Carrot tops - leaves from Two Step Bird in always artichoke

Base of recipe card is Riding Hood Red and Cherry Cobbler (both available July 1) - Don't all these food names make you hungry when you craft?  yum, cobbler sounds really good right now.

When I do get around to adding a recipe to this card, I can just rename the recipe I choose  "Not Rabbit Stew".  Oh don't groan at me - it will bring out a chuckle every time I look at it.  And lord knows, I need a chuckle if I am having to cook something.

Now keep on hopping to see what Kelly Mayou, the Weekend Stamper, has created for you!  It is the weekend - she is bound to have stamped something (unless her blog name is an evil lie and she punched something instead).  You won't know unless you go check it out right HERE.

Looks like we have a missing link - so after you check out Kelly - click HERE to see the final blog on the hop - Loni Holt.  She has blog candy so you don't want to miss it.

Enjoy the HOP!

18 comments:

Loni said...

ROFL! Thanks for welcoming the Rookie Moderator to the group. Congratulations on earning your Blog Hopper Badge. Hugs, Loni

Carey said...

I love the idea "Not Rabbit Stew". Oh the things you can do with that. You could really go crazy(ier). Roscoe says he loves rabbit even without the stew part.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy

Ellen Kemper said...

Oh yeah Carey - I can make all kinds of recipe cards now.

Not Porcupine Pie
Not Camel Cobbler
Not ... well, you get the idea.

At least I'd be laughing not complaining as I planned dinner those nights.

Kimm BT said...

Bowing to the queen of punch art... I need a mini book of your ideas... hint;)

Whimcees said...

What a wonderful character! So many possibilities for this shape - both human and animal! Love him!

Wishing you a happy weekend!

Barbara Diane

Lori said...

It amazes me what you come up with using paper punches! You have talent! Love the chef...

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

Not Rabbit Stew--bwahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!! Ellen, I *love* your sense of humor--and your super fun creations!

Carolyn Sharkas said...

I personally want to see "not camel cobbler" lol. Love this little chef and the poor little rabbit for dinner. I personally like my meat not from real animals, from the store in shiny plastic containers chopped into pieces that do not resemble anything living, lol. Hugs, my friend, thanks for sharing.

Veronica said...

You crack me up! I'd like to see "not camel cobbler", too! Thanks, Ellen, for always entertaining us with your wit and creative projects.

Sassy Shirley said...

Ellen, you just absolutely amaze me - I want to be you when I finally grow up (in actions, because I am already past you in age) You are certainly the Punch Priestess now and always. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome "stuff" with us peons .... can't wait for your next class! Hugs ...

Patrice Herrera said...

Well if that is all one has to do to get you to create something amazing I'm coming over to cook you dinner every night! Too cute, your sense of animation just astounds me. Really!

creations by jackie said...

Well I can see why they call you the punch queen. This card is adorable. Makes me want to cook something. Thanks for sharing

Anita said...

Stunning project!

jengd said...

That is darn funny/cute!!

Patricia Gessner said...

Ellen, can't see a picture today and couldn't see a picture yesterday. I am so disappointed.

Patricia Gessner said...

Thanks for your help. It is really cute and so is yesterday's dr.

Brenda said...

Love it! As usual, you are great. Thanks,

Anonymous said...

What a clever way to get out of cooking dinner LOL