Monday, June 7, 2010

Back in the Garden

That Inspiration Fairy! – I just never know where we are going when I pull out the punches….


An anonymous commenter asked what was happening next in this characters life – ya know, after the bachelorette party and the wedding…

Well since this is a PG blog, and I’m NOT doing honeymoon scenes, I thought we’d skip on to her new house and planting flowers.


That is a lie. The Inspiration Fairy is the one that came up with this gardening scenario – I was going for sitting on the bleachers at the kid’s game with a little “go team” pennant but the Fairy said NO. I’d like to give you a clue what was happening next in the babe's life (if anything) but I just don’t know.

I-fairy says this pose could also be petting the back of a dog.

Punches are the same as before, except her upturned arm is the narrow heart to heart punched next to narrow heart to heart hole. Her toes peeking out from her jeans are also the narrow heart to heart pieces.

Belt is from ¾ inch circle next to the same punch hole – belt loops are just tiny scraps

Trowel is a petal from the 5 petal flower punch - handle is one of the my way arrows (retiring at the end of the month)

What you can learn from this is faux denim if you don’t remember it from Workshop Santa. Just rub your night of navy ink pad back and forth, up and down on your bashful blue cardstock. EASY – and you can get whatever “wash” you like by the amount of ink you apply.

Stamped Image is from Simply Said - an oldie that you can still purchase - been at least a year since I've used it and I'm wondering why - it is a GREAT stamp set.

And I left plenty of room above the flowers for a sentiment - I'll add that when I need the card for something specific.

Family Health still an issue so I don't know when I'll have time to play and create something really NEW - hang in there with me please.

8 comments:

CarrieNixon said...

She'd be soooo cute burping a baby!

Finally back to 40 hrs. a week. Should be sending your treats by the weekend. :)

Ellen Kemper said...

Carrie! You've come back to me!!!!

Missed you.

Anonymous said...

OMG, you are amazing!

Lori Lanza

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Wishing you well Ellen and hope that family health issues are resolved soon!

Love your newlywed little lady!

Barbara Diane

Philippa Petty said...

These ladies are fantastic. I keep coming back to see what you come up with next. Thanks for sharing.

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Working in the garden, too cute, she is one busy little lady, too cute, Ellen, keep em coming, lol.

hugs,

Charlene said...

I love this little miss backside and would love to use it in my punch art class! But what color is the skin?? Can I just color white cardstock with the Blush Blossom marker? :)

Ellen Kemper said...

Charlene, if you didn't stockpile your blush blossom, you can use the 2010 in-color blushing bride as a flesh tone. Don't ask me what we will use when that retires June 2012.

I guess you COULD use vanilla and pretend she is Irish...