I have been busy busy busy.
I am a victim of the new year.
I am one of those people that want my house all clean and organized for the new year. I'm not alone - seems like the stores all have sales on "organization tools" and bins and cute boxes this time of year because many people seen to have this same illness.
Oh, I used to be worse - I had to have my house spic and span on New Years Eve. That doesn't happen anymore. But by the time hubby gets back to work and the kids that are in school go back to school - I go on a clean out - throw out - clean up - reorganize mission. And that is what has been going on around here.
Fortunately, the house wasn't it too bad of shape. So I am using my New Year disease to focus on my stamp area.
Here is my confession. I am not a very good SU demo anymore. Oh, I love the product. I use the product. I just don't do much selling of the product. SO I decided to reorganize my area for the way I actually USE things - not the way I needed things when I was holding workshops.
I UNMOUNTED my wood stamps and put them on cling mount - then totally ignoring "sets" I sorted them into categories that have meaning to me. GASP! Don't have a stroke - I'm not asking YOU to de-set-afy your stamps - but this will work for me.
THEN - because my play area is out in the middle of our home - I tried to make things LOOK nicer. By simply adding a paper liner to my clear boxes - my stamp area looks so much better.
Let me show you:
Sorry for the reflection - all the cleaning and polishing paid off in glare!
I took this shot from the "side" so you could see that the paper is just on the bottom and front of the clear case (the kind SU wood stamp sets have come in for years). For this size case I cut my paper 9x5.5 and scored it at 8 inches - added a label - slipped it in the box and filled it with unmounted stamps in that category.
For "categories" that had fewer stamps - I used the new DVD size cases that SU uses for the new cling mount stamps (and you can buy them separately) - I also slipped in some pattern paper and added a label for those.
In the photo I left a box with mounted wood stamps and one with unmounted stamps in them - so you can see how much better my shelf looks just by adding the paper liners.
And if you look closely at the photo you will see boxes with "tools" in them - brass stencils and sizzlits - and one for "faux denim" where I pre-made some paper. Makes for a more cohesive look in my stamp area.
If you need more info or are interesting in my categories leave a comment. Otherwise, I'm ending this little novelette and unmounting that last stamp set in the photo...