Saturday, November 28, 2009

A blog award...

Hubby is off to the golf course and the girls were up LATE last night watching movies and are still asleep so I am sneaking in a blog post.

I recently discovered someone else had "awarded" my blog.  Blog awards - a fun way to compliment someone's blog and share a link to them with your own readers.  My award came from Penny and in order to accept this award I need to share 5 things I am addicted to and then pass the award on to 5 other lovely blogs.

My Five Addictions:
1) Punch art (anyone surprised?)
2) Reading the newspaper (the paper and ink version)
3) Sudoku and Kendoku
4) Diet Coke from Sonic Drive In
5) One Life to Live (yes, the soap opera - isn't that embarrassing?)

Ha, I got hooked watching a soap opera because I sit with my mother-in-law every Tuesday so my FIL can have a lunch out with his old engineering buddies.  I turned on the TV to watch the noon news and this soap followed it.  Of course the story lines are stupid with lots of bad acting but if I am home during the day- I confess that I turn it on without the "follows the news" excuse.  But just so you don't think I am a complete idiot I want to note that I am crafting while I am watching so it isn't a COMPLETE waste of time.

I have a lot more than 5 bloggers I follow religiously but you probably read many of them already.

Some blogs I read sell things other than Stampin' Up! and I can't link to them and still remain a good little demo.

So, I made note of 5 SU bloggers that I subscribe to and really enjoy - ones that you might not have discovered yet.  Here are the links to their blogs so you can check them out as I pass on the "fabulous blog" award.



Di Gill  here  -  a "down under" blogger, I recently volunteered to start the Texas Chapter of her fan club - LOVE her scrapbooking!
Carolyn Sharkas here - one of my best online buddies - and if you love birds - this is your girl!
Angie Tieman here - 'cause she is in Dallas Texas (my hometown) and has cute stuff!
Sherrie Robinson here -  new blog after moving back to the States from Italy and is married (like me) to a golf nut.
Linda Callahan here - cause she started  her blog about the same time I did and is a retired teacher (I am a "retired" substitute and tutor)

All these girls have really cute ideas on their blogs so go check them out and leave a comment.  Comments are much more exciting than awards!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Ellen - your ideas are fabulous