Thursday, September 3, 2009

Strings of street lights, even stop lights...

blink a bright red and green...

Oh, be so glad that you can't actually hear me singing Silver Bells.  NO talent for that at all.  But hey, if making "other" stuff from this ornament punch is a talent then I'm good 'cause here comes another....
Granted this one is not very far from the punch's original purpose, so it didn't take much creativity to get here.
Here's my little how to: 
Sponge some color on one side of your bulb for shading.  To get the subtle white "highlight" - stick the tip of your pinkie finger onto your white craft ink pad - then poke it on your bulb.  Do not commit any crimes after making this card because you just left your fingerprint (ha ha ha).  I did try drawing a highlight with the white gel pen but it was too bright (in my opinion).
Take an gold opaque paint maker (SU doesn't sell this) and give your bulbs some lines for the socket. 
Curve some black hemp and use dimensionals to adhere your ornaments.  SU retired the black hemp this past summer but you can color the natural hemp black - I know because I did it for a swap (use a permanent marker).
This particular sentiment is retired but it was just what I wanted to go with the light string.  And, of course, I just had to add that cute little library clip. 
I've got at least one more ornament punch idea rattling around in my head - check back soon to see if it hatches.

2 comments:

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Aww, love this, I got this punch in yesterday and can't wait to play with it tonight. thanks for sharing this awesome card and the little highlight trick.

Silwygurl said...

Hey There...Dano sent me and I LOVE IT...now there is one more thing I need...my shopping list NEVER ends!