Monday, December 7, 2009

Santa Series Number 14 - UPS Man is Santa throughout the Year

Not really Santa, but if you are a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator this really is the one who delivers your TOYS!


Brenda Workman sent me an email Saturday night and she started it with a bunch of flattery which I dearly love and enjoy way too much!  I won't make you read that part, but she finished with this  "I am not sure if you’re interested in any more ideas, but I would love to see a UPS man. They help Santa this time of year you know…(and bring our Stampin Up supplies!)   I admit, I am biased….I work at UPS and love this time of year.   A few of my drivers have “brown” Santa hats they wear on Christmas Eve."

Well,...... you know I'm not going to pass up an awesome suggestion like that!  Brenda is absolutely correct.  Stampin' Up! sends all our goodies by UPS and it feels like Christmas when I tear into those boxes that my dear sweet UPS man brings.  I LOVE the brown Santa Hat idea - wish they would wear them the entire month of December!




This was modeled (kinda) after my own UPS man.  He is a blond and usually wears his shorts.  He calls our dog "Killer" since the foolish mutt barks like a maniac at the sound of UPS brakes.  My dog is very smart but I just can't get him convinced that the UPS man is our FAVORITE delivery man.

Do you need a tutorial?  Naw, surely you don't.  How about just giving you a list of punches?

Hat - wide oval and small oval in brown, word window and 1/2 inch circle in vanilla
Head - Ornament
Eyes - heart to heart (small one in white) standard hole punch in black
Nose - 1/2 inch circle
Ears - Word window (tips)
Hair - Piece of Ornament snipped in for bangs
Shirt - wide oval snipped with large start point to get open neck look
Collar - heart to heart (small hearts trimmed)
Sleeves - small oval - cut it half to get two
Shorts - rectangle scrap snipped with large star point at the crotch (ouch)
legs - word windows
shoes - butterfly - cut in half to get two
socks - slots
arms - heart to heart (wide one)
hands - flower trio (trimmed to 3 fingers)
box - rectangle scrap with lsticker (from an SU stampset) I hadn't stuck on the box yet. 

He has on a belt but you can't see it since I added the box.

Of course this will be on a card for my UPS man tomorrow as he brings yet another box to my door.  I may not see him again before Christmas (tear) so I have to get it done now!

Thanks Brenda for the idea.  I hope you enjoy this little guy!  Will you please hug a few UPS drivers for me today?  (But don't get in any sexual harassment trouble doing that, OK?)  They have to work so hard this time of year.

20 comments:

Kelly said...

Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for December 7. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/

Anonymous said...

I loved it. TFS

Anonymous said...

oh another winner...

Sara

Wanda in NC said...

Oh Ellen, he's lovely - now try a usps mail carrier. LOL I havne't even thought of giving my UPS and mail carrier and po clerks a gift yet this year. I'm behind. But I do enjoy doing this. TFS - love him.

Kellie Paxton said...

Ellen you are amazing! I LOVE all your punch art creations and appreciate that you share them with those of us that seem to have a punchers block! You are truly an inspiration to me!

Robbe said...

I love him! I will have to make a little bit of fudge for my favourite delivery guy and and make your UPS Santa into a gift tag.......thanks Ellen! :o)

Carolyn Sharkas said...

The man in brown, who would have thunk it? LOL I love him, and what a great idea. I do love the man in brown, especially when he has an SU box in his hands. Very creative, as usual, and so appropriate for those of us who stalk him, ROFL.

Thanks for the great inspiration you always provide.

Hugs,

Veronica said...

You and that inspiration fairy are quite a team! So original and clever!

Creations by Patti said...

You done it again - using up all my ink cartridge - (I'm so lucky to have an e-friend like you!!!!) he is so cute (and maybe a "she "UPS, too coming soon?). So perfectly fitting for SU - You should submit to Shellie for an award consideradtion!!!! Hugs from Sunny San Francisco!

MaryR said...

so much fun! i just love it!

Anonymous said...

OMG... this is perfect! I have to make one for my Dan.... yup, Im on a first name basis with "my man in brown!" LOL!

Brenda Workman-Washington said...

Ellen, thanks so much! I never had such a fun day as yesterday. I hugged a few UPS Drivers as you asked and some I made stand in line to do it again!! :) It was quite an honor to have you represent UPSers with your talents. I look forward to what you create next....

Thanks so much...

Kathy W said...

ROTFL, love punch art- this is too clever- you need to send it to SU!

kathleenh said...

Oh how perfect for all of us Stampin' Up! demos. We love our UPS guys for bringing us such lovely packages!

Judy M said...

Ellen...I love this! So cute!! I'm in awe of your wonderful talent!! Thanks for sharing!!

Judy

Laura Lipe, Pisgah Forest, NC said...

Ellen, I LOVE this fellow. My UPS guy and I talk all the time so I had to make him a Christmas card using your little fellow. Check out my blog smileslaura.blogspot.com. I can't wait for David to make another delivery so I can give him his card. Thanks so much for your idea and design!!!! I love it!!! You are such an inspiration!! Smiles, Laura

Amy Caraluzzi said...

This is sooooo great! Thanks for sharing your wonderful creations! :-) Amy

Lynn Pratt said...

I love your UPS man, I made him into a stamper girl! You can see it here:
http://stampndesign.blogspot.com/2010/01/punch-art-stamper.html
Thanks so much for the great idea!

Elizabeth said...

Oh my goodness he is so cute!!! Thank you so much for the list of punches used! I will have to try to make my own little people! Thank you for sharing and what a fantastic idea!!

kilroy said...

When I saw this UPS guy in December, I thought of a good friend of ours who would be retiring from UPS soon. His retirement is the end of the month. So tonight I made a card with your guy. It turned out so cute and so much better than I thought I could do. Thank you for this great project. I love your blog.