Monday, December 21, 2009

Dog Requests

STOP!  Don't do it!

Please, do not ask me to make YOUR dog from punches.  I have accepted a couple of requests for specific dogs but dear readers.... there are over 200 breeds of dogs and I cannot make them all.   I have not even made my own precious pooch from punches.  Stampin' Up! has a wide variety of punches but not enough variety to get the shapes I would need to make all those precious canines.

That being said... I did try to make a Lhasa Apso puppy for Donna D. -  I'm not sure how successful I was but I couldn't resist trying to make one of the cute faces she has on her blog.



Wide oval, large oval, half inch circles and wing from SU's new punch.Two Step Bird (available Jan 5)

Carey, I've tried to do Roscoe justice but I haven't been able to do him from the photo I have - maybe if you caught him in the act of eating swaps and snapped a picture?

I will try to make some dogs as the Inspiration Fairy allows but please do not email me specific dog requests - but do try your hand at making your pet.  You can go back and look at some of the other dogs I've done and use those as a starting place.  DachshundMutt,  Max.   Take a photo of your pet and look at it - try to see the SHAPES that compose the dog.  Round?  Oval?  Triangular?  Pull out your punches and give it a whirl....  You just might surprise yourself with your own creativity. 

Of course nothing we create will warm our hearts like those big old eyes and that wagging tail!

Pet your pooch for me.

4 comments:

Carolyn Sharkas said...

oh, what a sweetie. you did good, Clem.

Hugs,

Donna D from Ottawa said...

Hi Ellen
Can't thank you enough for the darling puppy face you made for me! That is exactly what I needed! My customers will be thrilled with their new puppies and the card that will come with them - with your adorable puppy face on it! Send me your mailing address and I'll send you a treat as a special thanks from me!
Hope other people will be able to use this darling face as well!

Ellen Kemper said...

Donna, I may be blind but I can't find your email address on your blog - send me your email and I'll send you my snail mail...

I love getting treats! I'm similar to my dog. I work for treats and pats on the head.

Carey said...

Roscoe says he never eats swaps, what am I talking about? Thanks for thinking of him. Hopefully, this year he is grown up enough he won't eat anything. Or maybe he has trained me well enough I won't leave anything so he can possibly get them. Happy holidays.

Carey
aka Roscoe's mommy