Monday, July 26, 2010

Man of Mystery

This little guy uses ONE punch - the Owl - and he just fell into place for me. 

I "saw" the hat and
**POOF**

the Inspiration Fairy waved her wand and there he was!

First the parts:

(Remember - these are ALL from the new SU Owl punch)


Now the results:

Pretty Clever, Huh?

Here is how you alter the punch parts:


Cut the owl foot off to become the moustache
One owl breast - cut at widest point to become the hat
One cut in half vertically to become his suit coat
The gray one shortened at the bottom to become his vest
Red heart trimmed "under" the bumps to become the bow tie


Cut the "spare" flesh circle down to become the neck - you don't REALLY see it but you need it to hold him together.

He can be a little taller and wider depending on how you glue your parts together.  Remember you can "roll up" mini glue dots and still use them on tiny parts (like moustaches and bow ties)

I used this little guy on a Birthday Card - Front says "Happy Birthday"
Inside says "I find no evidence that you have aged at all"

Of course I had to put the inside sentiment in a magnifying glass out of punches.  Sometimes I just can't stop.

Thanks for your support as a result of the prior post.  There is no way for me to know who submitted that particular card to Stampin' Up! - I only saw it by chance on someone's blog and she was not presenting it as her work - just sharing samples from the boards at convention. 

Hopefully my post will educate the demos that are getting ideas from others that adding a ribbon or changing a color on someone's original artwork does NOT mean you should present their work as your own.  This is a touchy subject and I know there are ladies that think "you shouldn't share if you don't want to be copied" - but let's remember to copy, giving credit.  And NEVER copy and submit for contests or publication.

Thanks!

23 comments:

Micah said...

That is... AMAZING!!

You rock, seriously freakin' rock.

That is all.

Unknown said...

Wow, you have an awesome eye to see this cute little guy from that owl punch!

Lori Aitken said...

Oh my goodness! Just when I think you can't be outdone, you outdo YOURSELF! I bow to your punch art prowess! Fantastic!

Rebecca said...

You did it with owl punch. Great job.

Carol L said...

You're a punch artist genius, that's all there is to it!!! I LOVE this little guy and the specific deets on how to make him! THANKS!!!

Sonia said...

OMG...you are amazing!!! I came across your blog by chance and have been hooked ever since!! I love your work!! Hopefully you will continue to share your wonderful punch art with us.
Sonia

Mary said...

He looks like the detective from the Pink Panther movies, of old. CUTE! Mary

Created by Kath said...

Wow, I think I am going to have to but the owl punch.

leslie said...

This is CRAZY-clever!

slbt17 said...

you are amazing - this is so cute .... I was going to pass on the owl punch .... but how can I now? You should see if Stampin' Up! can give you a share of their profits for every owl punch sold!
Thank you so much for sharing all of your art with us!
Sandra

Carol Ric said...

This is so super cool! You are amazing how you come up with all these little characters. TFS!

Carolyn Gibbs said...

Inspector Clouseau! "You imbecile!!"

Linda said...

Your imagination and creativity is just amazing! How you can see things out of a punch is beyond belief.

Thanks so much for sharing. However, it makes me REALLY realize how uncreative I am.

t_lockhart5 said...

Sheer BRILLIANCE! I love it. As always - another awesome creation. Thanks for Sharing.

Whimcees said...

Hello Ellen!

I love this guy! One of your best! Your creativity is wonderful!

I also love your new photo in your profile! :<)

Wishing you a great weekend!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Laura Lipe, Pisgah Forest, NC said...

Love this one, too!! How do you THINK of all this stuff!!! You're the best!! Smiles, Laura

Hetty said...

This is absolutely funny and a great find!
Thanks for the inspiration!!

Celeste said...

I love him. He looks like he belongs on "The Sopranos". You are very creative!

Becky Jo said...

This is very clever! I'd love to be inside your mind and see how it works! Thanks for sharing this idea. Love your work! Hugs!!

Lynn Pratt said...

You are amazing.

Jeane said...

WOW!!!!!!!

that is all that i can say!
thumbs up for u!!
thanx for sharing

Anonymous said...

Love this idea. he looks like a little Poirot. Can't wait until we get that punch in our new Aus catty. Thanks for sharing.
WendyH.
Oz.

cheryl said...

U are so stinkin talented! This little guy is so cute and I just got the owl punch. Cant wait to create one of these! Thank you so much for giving us all so much inspiration! You do ROCK!!!!