Saturday, January 9, 2010

Cold Birds on a Branch

Dwarfs on pause while I share something else.

I was catching up on reading some of the bazillion blogs I like to look at and POOF!  I HAD to make this card. 


The inspiration came from here - Kendra in Tuscon posts lots of fabulous pictures for inspiration on Wednesdays and I have earmarked many of them to come back to "someday" but this one just shouted PUNCHES - make this right now before it is the middle of summer and totally inappropriate! 





My card is not a direct "reenactment" of the t-shirt but I didn't stray too far.  The fourth bird is on the inside. 


Reminds me of our family  - Dad and Mom at home, one little chick about to hop off that branch and one that is basically gone.  I sure am proud of the little chicks I have raised!

But if this really represented our family, I'd have to be the short fatter bird... (scrunched up face here)

I am excited about the holly leaves because I figured out how to make them from punches without having to draw the lines - just my two little paws, the paper and the wide oval punch!  Problem is... I can't really teach it to you with just photos since I need both hands to do it.  If only I knew how to do videos...  and if only I had a tripod....

Learning to do video and learning to put it on the blog is on my list of things to do this year.  Hopefully before we start making Christmas items again, I'll figure it out.

8 comments:

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Well, you knew I would love this one, I do love me some birds, lol. Thanks for sharing Clem, now if u could hop on over and put something on my blog tonight, that would be awesome, cuz it is bare, I hate to say. Have a big workshop tomorrow and was busy getting ready. Hope no one deserts me for it, lol. Can't afford to lose any of my three readers, lol.

Hugs,

Anonymous said...

this card reminds me of two birds I saw this morning out of my window - sitting on snow covered twig....this card just made me smile...the UK is in the middle of a big freeze with snow everywhere and this card just sums up the feelings of needing to wrap up to keep warm when venturing out...a perfect winter card...thanks for making me start my day with a smile Ellen!!

Anonymous said...

That's so cute birds. Yes, it would be nice to have a video tutorial to show us how to do it. I hope you will one day.

Whimcees said...

The birds are great! I am going to make some today!

When you learn to create videos and post these to your blog - there will be so many stampers jumping up and down with joy - including me - that the world will shake! :<)

Wishing you a great weekend!

Barbara Diane

Carey said...

These are darling. Again you are so talented. And by the way, stop saying my friend Ellen is fat. We aren't fat we are just fluffy and there is more of us to love.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy

Queenie Jeannie said...

VERY appropriate as most of the country is freezing right now!!! Super cute too!

Stamp with Sandy said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!! I figured out how to make the holly leaf--it's so easy! You are so talented! Thanks for sharing all your punch art on your wonderful blog.

Brandy said...

I LOVE the birdies! So cute!