Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Nurse

What with this weeks "nursing" duties and a request for something for nurses from Kathy Hamrick, I just had to do this...

I chose to give her a "clipboard" using a silver clip from the Clip Assortment.


Here she is with her hands empty

You could add anything you want:
Needle
Teddy Bear (like the one from Good night Santa)
Food Tray
WHATEVER you can thing of!

Dress - 1.75 circle trimmed with scissors
Sleeve - part of large oval
Shoes - butterfly punch trimmed
feet - small oval trimmed
Legs, arms, neck - thin oval formed by punching a large oval around a small oval hole
Face - 1.25 circle
eyes, nose - standard hole punch
hands - trio flower trimmed
hair - scallop oval
hat - could be trimmed by hand but I trimmed the ornament punch - point of hat is point of ornament

Thanks for all your good wishes for our family health issues.  We got a positive report from the doctor, some additional help hired and I think the situation is almost under control.  Still a way to go - but there is light at the end of the tunnel.  Your caring words are so appreciated.  Thank you!

13 comments:

Lucy said...

I look forward to your blog and your wonderful punch art characters. I feel like someone telling me a funny story that I can't help but keep laughing and eventually say stop please stop you're killing me. Just when I think there can't be any more to your genius you prove me wrong. Tku!

Anonymous said...

SO CUTE!!! you are a fabulous punch artist!
Pam Going Postal

Carey said...

So wonderful to hear the news. I love the punch of the nurse. The only problem is we nurses NEVER have our hands empty. I love your suggestions of what we could have in them. Another idea would be to put roller skates on instead of shoes. Believe me, there are times we definitely need them.

Carey
aka Roscoe's mommy

Ellen Kemper said...

I bet rollar skates would come in handy Carey! You did notice that I had her in motion? I know nurses do not stand still very long.

I think that is why they frequently take patient's blood pressure - it gives them a few seconds to stop running and relax.

Gaby said...

Hello Ellen,

your nurse comes just in time. *wink*
Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog. I did get to take my boy home today. *yeahhh*

I just read you are having a busy time, too. All the best to you and your family. Hope everything gets better real soon.

Jessica said...

Or...you could put food in her hands and call her a Registered Dietitian!! Actually, is there one with a lab jacket because that is what we wear? I am a dietitian and I think this is sooo cute!!!

Ellen Kemper said...

Take off the hat and give her a prop and she can be any vocation that you can do in a dress.

She is pretty easy to make so I expect you all to USE HER and share with me what you did!

Stef H said...

definitely needed the clipboard! totally awesome!

hugs :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carolyn Sharkas said...

Great. See you got yourself some spam above me. Hate that!

Love the nurse, though. I have a friend that is a nurse. I will have to make one for her. You do brighten my day with your creations, and your sense of humor. Glad things are getting better.

hugs,

CarrieNixon said...

Love this cutie lil nurse! And her tiny legs!

It's a snow day here in Nova Scotia, I might try a nurse!!! :) Thank you for posting and the "ingredients"!

doverdi said...

I LOVE LOVE your blog & all your amazing punch art creations. I've recently made your nurse and it turned out so cute. I'm going to give it to the nurse at my doctor's office who gives me my weekly needles. I know she'll love it. Thanks for the inspiration & amazing creations that you share with all us punch art lovers.

Kreativstudio Annett said...

The nurse is really cute.