Sunday, February 13, 2011

just a story

Yesterday, we had a craft supply sale - HUGE sale.  Three of us sold retired things and two have left SU and they sold TONS of things, so we made money and had a lot of fun.

I decided at the last minute to bag up some of my punch art and sell it.  I must have overpriced it because only about 5 things sold (but I love it all, I can't sell it at garage sale prices!)

I did have lots of looky loos with kind words.

One little boy - maybe 7 stood and looked at all of it - naming all the characters he knew, Spider Man, Charlie Brown, Rabbit, etc.  But the part I loved was when he got to the fat lady bowler he excitedly announced "and this is YOU!"  Oh my gawd it was soooooooooooo cute!  I told him he was exactly right and laughed all day.  When I'm tempted to cheat on the diet I started yesterday morning I'll remember his comment and put the fork down.

Kids - ya gotta love them!

3 comments:

Cindi said...

SOOO adorable. Glad you took it all in stride.

Ellen Kemper said...

Oh Cindi - If I couldn't laugh at myself, I'd be crying all the time!

To be honest, he also said the thin bowler with red hair was me too - so he is either an awesome diplomat or was just focusing on the glasses.

CarrieNixon said...

HAHAHA, I HAVE to share a story with you... when I'm not leaving for work.... I'll email you tonight. ;)