Friday, February 18, 2011

Sailing into Scrapbooking

My friend Eileen, the glitter queen, is not a scrapbooker.  She makes B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L cards but hasn't been into scrappin'.  (She doesn't like to do punch art either)
BUT
Just so you know, ANYONE can be converted to scrapbooking 'cause LOOK AT THESE!!!!!








Yes, that is right - Eileen made this darling sailboat album for a friend and his family.  Yes, that is right, she  CUT ALL that paper in the shape of the sailboat, and adhered it and put in all those details.  (and I just showed you a few pages of the album) 

I'm not sure I love anyone enough to do that....  well, maybe three people but really? all that cutting?....  naw, I'll stick to punching!

I made the anchor and the life preserver for her - but of course she improved them by adding crystal effects so they would shine (she does like shiny things!)

Eileen reports that they were thrilled with the project (and they gave me permission to post the photos). 

Well, who wouldn't be thrilled with such a darling album?

I, myself, am setting sail this morning (in my car) for a 3 day scrappin' weekend - the car is loaded down with WAY to much stuff - ready to launch. 

I want you to know that I followed my own advice about getting a ton done and COULD get by with a lot less..... but what if the punch fairy stows away with me?  I have to take ALL my punches just in case!!!  RIGHT???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!....YOU CAN do anything your heart desires...here is proof!

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Congratulations Eileen - your album is wonderful!

I hope that you and the punch fairy have a great weekend Ellen!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Anonymous said...

Punches get their feelings hurt easily....best take all of them along.......and have a fun fun weekend........and create something using the new cupcake punch so I will quit feeling guilty for buying it..... Pansy

Anonymous said...

Eileen, we love it. Thanks for making this for us! You are the best.

rich, alex and benjamin