Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mini Me

No, the title mini me does NOT mean I punched a small version of myself....

Mini Me is the the title of this scrapbook page.



This photo was taken December 2009 and was the first time I realized just how much kiddo who lives at home looks like her mama.

The reason I show you this is so you can see that you can MIX your left over chipboard letters.  There are 3 different styles plus the "negative" portion of one of them and yet, it works!

For the large circle I traced a plate and since I can't cut straight (hence the love of punches) I used my distressing tool to rough it up and disguise any boo boos. 

To keep with the distressed look, I didn't totally ink my chipboard.  I just dragged it over the open ink pad a couple of times.  The title chipboard has been finished with crystal effects.  The flowers were finished with a little "bling"  (thanks Eileen!)

The ribbon was from my stash and was really too white for this layout so I used a stipple brush and pounced on some river rock ink to dirty it up a bit.

You might also note that the photo has a mat and a partial mat.  You don't have to have things even on all sides - change it up a bit!

I used a sketch from Sketchy Thursdays for this layout - don't remember which date it was from (something in 2010).  I LOVE this site for sketches!!!

4 comments:

Veronica said...

Great page and great photo. TFS, Ellen.

Connie B. said...

Love the colors on this page. The flowers look perfect. Great job!!

slbt17 said...

wonderful layout!
Sandra ltb

Anonymous said...

Great layout! I love all your media combinations!
Debbie Peterson