Thursday, April 22, 2010

Gloomy Guy...

"One can't complain. I have my friends.
Someone spoke to me only yesterday."


Don't just love gloomy ol' Eeyore?  I know he is described as gray in the stories, but in my kid's old VHS movies he is blue - so ballet blue (retiring in June) is what I did here.

SU really doesn't have the right size punches for his body - so I pieced some together - but you might have better results using your circle scissors plus or (gasp!) using other punches to get it bigger.

Body - 1.75 circle plus a wide oval to make his body longer (taller - whichever word you prefer)
Neck - large oval
Mane - cross hatch or plus sign looking punch (NEW in summer mini  available 5/1/10 - sold in a pack with 2 other punches)
Head - wide oval trimmed in a little on each side
Muzzle - 1 3/8 circle in apricot appeal (also retiring in June) top rounded with wide oval
Eye - small heart punch cut in half, standard hole punch
Ears - large oval cut in half (not a straight cut, kinda curvy), piece of small oval in rich razzleberry
Front leg - modern label
Back leg - large oval - trimmed in to distinguish foot
Tail - hand cut - using hole from small oval as guide
Tail hair - small heart, snipped in like grass
Bow - smallest from heart to heart and standard hole punch
Thumbtack holding tail - throwaway piece from spiral punch - trimmed the "head" down to shorten


If you are a demo you should check Belinda Johnson's StampinConnection gallery for her front facing Eeyore - she uses a round tab punch for his head.  If you aren't a demo, you are out of luck seeing this - unless of course you want to join us......  email me!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaaawwwwwww, sweet Eyeore! Thanks, Ellen.

boliver said...

I love Eeyore! He's my favorite!

Unknown said...

That's so cute. That's my daughter in law's favorite. Great job. Keep up good work.

Anonymous said...

I love Eeyore! You are so very talented!!!!Thanks for sharing all you do!!

Laura said...

Too cute! Eeyore is my favorite of the Pooh characters.

Anonymous said...

Love him!!!

Any chance Belinda can guest star her version on your blog?

Jane

Ellen Kemper said...

I'll ask her!

Gail said...

Oh, Ellen, you blew me away again! LOVE the Eeyore!!!

Migdalia said...

Wow! I LOVE it! LOVE it! Thank you so much!

RedGem said...

Yes, he is definitely adorable. Love your work! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

You are amazing! Eeyore is my favorite Pooh character! Thanks so much for sharing him with us.
Chris

Carolyn Sharkas said...

What a cutie, Eeyore has always been a favorite of mine. Isn't he just adorable?

hugs,

Sabriena Satchwell said...

Wow... Ellen, you never cease to amaze me! Everyday I am in aw over your creations.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely LOVE this, Ellen! You never cease to amaze me...I look forward to getting to work each day...the first thing I check is your blog...even before my email! Thanks for sharing!
Leena

Nancy Dawson said...

Eyeore is my favorite. Thank you so much for all your beautiful characters!

Just wanted to let you know that your blog is one of my favorites, so I am giving you a SUNSHINE AWARD--because you make me smile when I stop by. Thanks for all your inspiring work. You can pick up your award at http://creativewishes.blogspot.com

Dana said...

Love, Love, Love Eeyore. Can you make the rest of his friends also?

MariLynn said...

This is awesome!! I love it. When I saw your Eyore on SCS, I knew right away that it was yours!!

Whimcees said...

Hi Ellen!

I love your Eyore! I haven't thought of these characters in years - but I made each of my three sons one of the WTP dolls when they were young. A Winnie, a Eyore and a Tiger. Seeing your Eyore has brought back so many memories. He is so sweet.

Wishing you a good rest of the week!

Barbara Diane