Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Atypical Fun in the Sun


Yes, that is me in the photo - on a vacation 4 years ago - a very rare photo since I am usually the one behind the camera.  Martha's Vineyard - what a great trip!

This page was my submission for a challenge that I issued to the VC Rocks group - to do a scrapbook page with the theme "light".  These ladies are primarily card makers and usually ignore my scrapbooking challenges but the few that have trickled in have been great!

The punch tip from this page is to use the petals of the 5 petal flower as your sun rays - the sun is approximately 2 1/2 inches - use your circle scissor plus for that.

I used the alpha from the summer mini "rough type" clear mounted for the "atypical" beside the photo - oh wow is that easy to do with the clear mount!  I'm a wood mount girl but for alphas?   - no more wood for me! - this was so easy to get right the first time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ellen, this is a lovely picture of you! Jigsaw puzzles are one of faves, and I'd love to go to Martha's vineyard. Came close once!

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Great page, and thanks for the challenge, I really wanted to make that page, just needed the push.

hugs,