Monday, May 17, 2010

YES! A Name Change is in Order


It is official, I will have to change
"College Girl" to "The Graduate".


I love these tri-shutter cards - it is fun decorating each little "spot"

Last post was the card I'm sending to "regular graduates".
This is the card we gave THE GRADUATE.

I confess, there is a significant amount of contraband on this card but I wanted to use what I wanted to use!  (stomping foot and putting defiant look on my face)

In keeping with her school's colors, I used bravo burgundy and whisper white.  (And black and silver.)  So glad I had the brushed silver paper because it looks so much "fancier" than using basic gray.

The TU is an old old old sizzix die that I have had for a decade (or two) because the SU ones are TOO BIG for the space I had.

The 2010 is the SU Simple Numbers die which I have found to be a NECESSITY (not a luxury) in my stack of dies for the Big Shot!  I ran the numbers through the Square Lattice embossing folder (like I have been doing so many things lately)- just give in and buy it - it is FABULOUS for adding texture to small things!

All the stamps except "go you" are some that my bestest customer Samantha gave me when she realized college girl was graduating.  "Go You" is from the new Go Graduate set in the summer mini catalog.


OK, lets get down to the part you came for - The Happy Graduate!
If she looks familiar it is because the tennis player and the graduate are basically the same character. 
(This is why I knew the hair change and smaller nose would make the tennis player look more feminine)


Head - 1.25 inch circle

Nose - 1/2 inch circle trimmed on each side

Mouth - piece of small oval, draw on teeth

Hair - 2 key tag (retired) snipped with small star,  piece of circle punch for bangs

Neck - My way arrow

Body - small oval for shoulders, butterfly punch for dress - snipped straight at hem

Gown - large ovals (front) about a 2.5 circle (back) small oval (sleeves) - all run through the new Square Lattice embossing folder

Mortar board - 1 3/8 inch square punch

Arms - oval ring from large oval around small oval hole

hands - 1/2 inch circle at end of modern label

legs - wide heart from Heart to Heart next to the hole from that same heart

Shoes/Feet- 5 petal flower trimmed 

Diploma - scrap punched with small oval until I got the look I wanted.  Just play with it!

Decorated the three panels on the back - 2 with mushy stuff and signatures and the third one with a little band to hold CASH.  She will be picking out her "real" graduation gift when she gets settled into her own place.


Now, cross your fingers that before too long "The Graduate" can be known as "Career Girl".

11 comments:

Migdalia said...

Ellen, I LOVE it! You are incredible with those punches! Congrats on graduate!

Loni said...

You captured the relief and the joy of graduation with your punched grad! Hope she figures out what she wants to do with her life now that she's grown up and has a degree too.

RedGem said...

Congratulations to the new graduate, I know both of you are very happy and I congratulate you as well for doing such a fantastic job. Love the punch art and especially the textured gown. Keep up the good work!

Whimcees said...

Great card Ellen! You caught the joy of the day! I am sure that soon 'Career Girl' will be the name we see! :<)

Wishing you a great week!

Barbara Diane

Creations by Patti said...

What's not to love- love this gal!!! TFS!!!

Patricia Gessner said...

Ellen, these are fantastic creations!!! Thank you for sharing!

lifesabeach32940 said...

Wow!! What an AWESOME card!! Congrats to your daughter!!

Carolyn Sharkas said...

I love it! Congrats again to the both of you.

hugs,

Holly / InkPaperStamps said...

Very clever! What a wonderful way to honor this milestone in your daughter's life. . . .

MaGoooo said...

Ellen she is AMAZING!! LOVE the card and all the punch art!! You are AWESOME!!

Wanda said...

Ellen, I love this card. Wished I'd seen it for my niece, but I made her an easier one of the hat that I found on SCS or on someone's blog. TFS