Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ruh-roh...

I am bad with names and I am worse with birthdays so... I like to have an assortment of pre-made BELATED birthday cards.

Once upon a time I made the "I Forgot Elephant" and the "Forgetful Fish"  And now I give you "Ruh-roh, I forgot your Birthday!"


How to make Scooby Doo:
Head - small oval flatten a little at top and a 1 inch circle repunched with the edge of the butterfly
Ears - smallest Heart to Heart
Nose - 3/4 inch circle at corner of paper
Eyes - newest small circle in punch pack - stuck in a larger circle punch and snipped
Neck - piece of Modern Label
Body - piece of Full Heart
Front legs - Full Heart punched next to Full Heart hole (pointed end)
Paws - small oval around ends of Modern Label
Collar - 3/4 inch circle around 1/2 inch circle hole

I used Chocolate Chip, Kraft and 2 returning in-colors - Pacific Point and Tangerine Tango.  I think the current Dusty Durango ribbon still works with this so there ya go...

I tried making Scooby's back end but didn't think I got it very well so I made him a Partial Scooby Doo.

Here is a photo of my attempt - the sizing just wasn't right...

4 comments:

RedGem said...

Wow, great Scoopy! and I disagree with you I think the full view is sized great. Of course we are our worst critic. Also thanks for the view of the forgetful elephant and fish, both which I had missed. Noticed another use for the butterfly punch.

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Awwww, he is cute. Another great one, Ellen. Thanks for sharing.

hugs,

Brandy said...

He looks a little like a spider Scoob not on the card. :o) I bet that wasn't the look you were going for!

Ellen Kemper said...

That would be a big old spider web for him to drop down from! But I can see what you mean.

He is better without his rear parts.

Maybe I'll try again another day.