Sunday, May 30, 2010

Back to the Bar

When I was making the back view of a blog babe (Joan's idea - see yesterday's post), I thought I'd try her sitting on a bench looking at a sunset on the beach. 

Well, somehow.... she wound up on a bar stool with an umbrella drink in her hand.  Maybe the Inspiration Fairy was having a hard day and needed a little extra somethin' to relax?


Let's hope she doesn't poke her eye out with that umbrella turned like that.

For safety sake, you might want to put the drink in her other hand.

Parts list:
Hat - wide oval and 1.25 circle - run through Square Lattice Embossing folder
Hat band - circle next to oval HOLE
Hair - scallop oval
back - butterfly
swim suit - butterfly - trimmed out back with scissors
arms - wide heart to heart next to wide heart to heart HOLE
hand - modern label tip punched with small circle in the new punch pack
Stool - all word window parts
Legs - middle arrow of My Way Arrow
Shoes - medium jewelry tag punch, trimmed

Drink from Cheers to You stampset.

Yeah, yeah the groovy guava cardstock and the pattern paper on the card are retired - but the wild wasabi in the suit is coming back!  Woo Hoo - Come on July and new catty stuff!!!!!  Retirement list comes out June 1 - oh!  that is Tuesday!!!!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am loving that embossing folder. I have seen it being used so effectively. Wish it was available in the UK. Love everything about the card Ellen.

Anonymous said...

Clever Ellen...you certainly kept me guessing...I was so sure you were going to have beach babe on the beach under an umbrella looking out to sea...or watching the sun set at the end of a day...would not have thought to have her sitting sipping a cocktail...love it :)

Sara

Anonymous said...

PS...all we need now is beach boy!

kraftykat157 said...

You are so funny and taalented!

I just ordered this punch can't wait to get it and try a few of your ideal. You
just rock!!!

Migdalia said...

I absolutely luvs it!

RedGem said...

Love the punch art, especially the drink! Love the hat as well! Alot of potential for 'behind' looks for other characters. Tks for sharing.

Ellen Kemper said...

Yes Ruby, you are thinking like me - the wheels under all this gray are turning and spinning with potential "behind" looks!

Glad you ladies like her - I think she is fabulous and my thanks go out to Joan for turning that blog babe around!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Pure genius!! YOU ROCK, ELLEN!!!!

Nancy Dawson said...

OMG how cute is this! and I agree - Pure GENIUS! TFS your talent. Nancy

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh how clever and cute - I am OFF to CASE beach babe!!
TFS

Creations by Patti said...

CONGRATULATIONS on making on top picks of the week (Nancy Riley) - saw your punched gal and had to come over for a visit.......I finally had some breathing room to surf this week.......as usual, TFS such a great punch project! Hugs, P

Cherie said...

Too darn cute! TFS!

lifesabeach32940 said...

OMG!! I know I always say this, but THIS HAS TO BE MY FAVORITE YET!! LOL

And, I can TOTALLY relate to how she ended up at the bar ... LOL

Awesome as usual!! I can't wait to give her a try.



Judy

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Love her, Ellen, and I wish I was right there with her, lol. It's been a long week and it's only Wednesday.

hugs,

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great card! Very creative! Great use of those punches. :o)

Sharon Madsen said...

This is just STINKIN' CUTE!! Just love it.

Debi Calandrelle said...

You amaze me with your fabulous creativity! I look forward to your punch art creations! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Also very cute. Laurie

Tammy Mendiola said...

LOVE THIS! This is just too cute!

Andrea said...

I love your lady at the bar. you are so clever....

Germaine Ferrao -Lenn said...

Kive your idea, so clever, and she looks good too! TFS, HUgs always! G