Tuesday, May 25, 2010

3D flower Wedding Card

I'm a little behind the trends sometimes  - OK, most of the time. 

I have seen some fabulous, FABULOUS flowers made out of punches.  Rhea has an awesome one from my precious ornament punch.  Well, I'm sure she used HER ornament punch since mine never went missing, but you know what I mean.

Then my online buddy, Patrice, showed me how to make flowers from the scallop circle punch here.  And I immediately went and tried it - too easy!  And these are my first three flowers - I had to play with sizes!



The one on the card has 8 punches - the smaller two have 4 and 6 and they all look fabulous.

I followed Patrice's directions except my middle name is "impatience" so mine were still a little damp when I assembled - that was OK - I think it made it easier to do the last scrunching.

This card uses my fave embossing folder, the new Square Lattice, and also the lovely Finial Press.  And I think everything is popped up on dimensionals.  Obviously this has to be a "hand delivered" card so why not just keep on adding dimension?  Well, that was my thought process, anyway.

The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes (my current go-to sentiment set) and I stamped with Sahara Sand ink because I wanted the monochromatic look - I tried Soft Suede but even that was too dark.  Wishing SU still sold Organdy ribbon - that was perfect for wedding and baby cards....

3 comments:

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Beautiful card - beautiful flowers! I love it!

I can imagine all the wonderful flower creations that your creative mind and skill with paper punches can create - I look forward to seeing more! :<)

Wishing you a great day!

Barbara Diane

Margie said...

What a beautiful card!

Your blog looks a little different too. I like it!

Carolyn Sharkas said...

What a beautiful card, love the flowers. Someone will be very happy when they open this envelope.

hugs