Sunday, February 28, 2010

Basketball Babe

I hope Gale is happy with this little basketball babe.  I like the way she came out...


She is too large for a 4.25 x 5.5 inch card front - so you might need to use "part" of her - or alter her - or make a larger size card.

Here is the how to photo...


Things to do - trim the large oval body by hand to give her some "curves" and nip in with the word window at the neck

The bangs are the 1 3/8 circle cut then snipped in with the small star punch

Pony tail - is curly label punched offset from a curly label HOLE - not sure this is the best solution for a pony tail  bouncing and swinging during her jump - but it works - feel free to improve on it!

Arms are the usual ring - large oval around small oval HOLE

Legs are photo corner punched offset from photo corner HOLE

And I trimmed just a little off the shoe (her left, your right)

I added the hands after the photo - they are the 1/2 circle around the end of a word window HOLE

She is a GREAT player - she stole the ball from yesterday's character.  Way to go girl!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is adorable - I love her pony tail!
jmgeisler

CarrieNixon said...

Awesome job on both these guys, Ellen! Love her tiny legs and pose!

I NEED the butterfly and word window. :/

Creations by Patti said...

I had to jump over to your blog toleave a comment here, too (left one on SU Community) because I think she is the best!!!! Even though the Girl's Hockey Team didn't win Gold and won Silver, maybe a Hockey girl player........or soccer.......you will be one busy puncher!!!! TFS - you always brighten up my day when I see your art.

Anonymous said...

That ponytail is too cute! I always leave your blog inspired...Alene

Anonymous said...

Hands are pretty cool, too! Alene

Carolyn Sharkas said...

OMG! She is just too cute. I wish I could jump like that! Love the boy, too. You are awesome, but then, you already knew that.

hugs