Tuesday, February 9, 2010

My Sweet Baboo

Y'all must have figured out how this works by now - one punch project leads to an idea for another...

After the little girl dragged her blanket yesterday, how could I not punch Linus hugging his for today?


Head  - 1.75 circle - blush blossom trimmed on the left side with scissors
Ear - word window - blush blossom
Neck - word window - blush blossom
Body - 1.75 circle - red stamped with Solid Stripes in basic gray - piece of 1.75 circle in black for shorts (you can just barely see this between his shoes)
Shoes - 3/4 inch circle  - close to cocoa, trimmed straight on each side - pen markings on sole and sponging
Arms - small oval - blush blossom re-punched with 1 inch circle to shorten
Hands - scallop oval repunched with 1/2 inch circle - blush blossom - slot punch thumb added
Eyes and nose from standard hole punch
Hair - photo corner - offset and repunched over and over to get thin strips with the bend in them
Blanket - free hand - I drew it first with pencil then cut it out.

Add Sally to this, have her talking about her 'sweet baboo' and you have a valentine card!

Jill Shover has done several peanuts characters (including Sally) that you should go look at.  Her Linus is different than mine. Make sure you scroll down to see them all. Her Lucy is fabulous!

13 comments:

Ruthie said...

He's tooooooooooooooooo cute! Love what you do with the punches!

Carrie Rhoades said...

You have a gift! He is perfect. I love Linus and his blankie! Great job, again!
Carrie

Patricia Gessner said...

There is no end to your amazing abilities. How cute he is!!
Patricia

Ruby said...

Just too, too cute! You're so clever, but I'm sure you hear that alot. Please keep those punches humming.

Anonymous said...

just makes me smile...linus...reality! lol
LOVE it!
Pam Going Postal

Anonymous said...

You are so talented! Do you take requests!?!? How about a Snoopy - nobody does punches like you do!

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Could he be any more perfect? Or cuter? I think not. Awesome job on him, Clem.

Hugs,

Brenda said...

I love this one too! Actually, I love all your punch art! TFS!

boliver said...

I just want to say how much I enjoy all your punch creations. Thanks for all the time you spend making them.

Sharon Clarke said...

OMG! THis is amazing! You are incredible! Linus looks so real and 3D! Thanks for sharing the directions. I'm going to give him a try. I LOVE your blog!

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog and i really appreciate the excellent quality content you are posting here for free for your online readers. thanks peace claudia.

Anonymous said...

Thank you amazing blog, do you have twitter, facebook or something similar where i can follow your blog

Sandro Heckler

kathleen said...

I love linus! I belong to project linus and our first meeting is this saturday. My cousin June and I made 4 linus cards for the monitor may use for thank you to different organizations that donate blankets or supplies. they turned out really nice! It was a fun afternoon and it was so easy to do thanks!