Saturday, February 20, 2010

More Paper Flowers


I tried yet another challenge layout from Challenge Masters - this time for the Technique group.  We are supposed to make at least 3 homemade embellishments from vintage paper - and the challenger showed a very cool flower that we could make. 

I found a different flower to make on another blog - click here - then go ahead and poke around on Valita's blog - she also has some cute punch projects AND she just became an SU demonstrator.


My vintage paper isn't very vintage - I had two old hymnals that I will NEVER part with - but I had a current one that I bought several years back when I was taking piano lessons.  Well, it is now missing a few pages. 

I made two flowers, matting, photo corner (inked a bit) and title (stamped on) from hymnal pages.   I stamped Sense of Time and some 'other' clock stamps for a subtle background.

This is a photo of my parents when they had been married about a year.  I wasn't even thought of yet - and I sure don't remember my dad with this much dark hair.

4 comments:

Veronica said...

Love this layout and everything about it- your handmade embellishments, the clock stamps and colors used. I hope to complete another challenge or two this weekend.

Queenie Jeannie said...

Fabulous page!!! Thank you for sharing!

trisha too said...

I LIKE this layout--the sheet music flower is great!

:)

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Wow, I love this vintage stuff and you do it so well. I sure wish you lived closer, you could enable me to scrapbook more often.

great page, thanks for sharing.

hugs,