Monday, February 8, 2010

Blanket Baby


Inspired by a card I saw on Stef Hughes' blog here and she said the image is by Susan Spiller.  Anyway, it was just precious, so I had to try something similar from punches.

My girls were not thumb suckers but they were both "blankie" girls.  And that is where this little cutie will wind up - on a scrapbook page about their blankets.

Texture wheel on free hand blanket
PJ's are wide oval, heart to heart , and small oval
head - 1.25 circle
hair 1 3/8 circle trimmed, heart to heart
bows - heart to heart, standard hole punch
nose - standard hole punch
eyes - small heart, standard hole punch
hands - 1/2 circle - trimmed for thumb sucking hand, slot punch added for thumb of blanket hand

Please note that I used THREE soft subtle shades on this project and one of them is a PURPLE.  This is a strange and rare occurrence - not likely to be repeated.  Yes, I have friends who love purple (Hey Theresa!) but it certainly is not a favorite of mine. That is why this little tot has 'close to cocoa' hair - if I had used barely banana it would have been FOUR pastel colors (shudder)

If you need a boy - you could easily change the hair and 'fabric' colors.

8 comments:

Dawn Olchefske said...

I'm in awe - this is so darn cute!

CarrieNixon said...

Wow, I don't know how you look at something and turn it into punch art! Everything I make, my son hopes is my own creation. They're normally yours. :) I am working on something for him, my own idea...hopefully it's good enough to share with you, but it ain't lookin' good. ;)

Robbe said...

She's adorable!! Can't wait to use her on my daughter's baby scrapbook pages! Thanks, yet again, Ellen. :)

Gaby said...

What a cutie!
You always amaze me, too, thinking or looking at an image and then make it out of punches.

You really are a genius.

Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us.

Stef H said...

wow ellen! you are just amazing! this is awesome!

hugs ♥

lifesabeach32940 said...

Simply AWESOME!! She is SO cute!! I can't wait to try her ~ she actually looks like my granddaughter when she was a toddler. :)

Patricia Gessner said...

Thank you again. This will be great on my baby granddaughter's scrapbook page.
Patricia

Carolyn Sharkas said...

Awwwwwwwww, she is absolutely adorable. I love her. She would be perfect on a page about either of my toddlers, way back when they were toddlers. Thanks so much for sharing your creativity.

hugs,