Saturday, February 6, 2010

Read to Me

I have shown you current photos of college girl - this layout shows her when she was just toddler girl. 

Yes, that is right ....   I have 20 year old photos sitting around waiting to be scrapped.  Does that make you feel superior?  I hope so.  Come see my dirty house and you can feel superior again.  I don't mind - I like to make people happy.

A close up of my little reader - Check the top photo - I love the pose!  This was long  before digital photography - you just took pictures and a week (or month, or more) later you got the film developed and you either got a good shot or you didn't.  Leaves you with less than stellar photos to scrap but hey, it is what it is. College girl was 10 years old when I started scrapping - there are so many shots that I wished I had but I never will.  If you have little tiny ones go take a photo of their feet right now.  I have no photos of her precious little toes.  sniff, snuffle, sigh...

And here is a close up of my title...

Look familiar?  Same stack of books that I used on a layout in my BOM. Is that kind of recycling considered environmentally friendly?

I used a sketch for today's layout from Sketchy Thursdays  - a blog with not surprisingly, Sketch Challenges on Thursdays. 

8 comments:

Stef H said...

from cutie to beauty! and i'm soooo there with you - i have pictures that are 30 yrs old and never been scrapped and as far as i can tell - never will be! and a crafter's house is NEVER dirty.... it is creatively designed!

hugs :)

Laura said...

I too must admit that I have 20 year old (or more) photos waiting to be scrapped. But now I have grandbabies that I take way too many pictures of that also just beg to be scrapped. And I definitely make sure I get pictures of their cute little feet! Thanks for sharing your scrapping.

CarrieNixon said...

You can always scan the last photo on the post and zoom in and crop her feet....sandals on, but there are still visible toes!!!

Carolyn Sharkas said...

that has got to be one of the cutest pictures I've ever seen. I know what you mean, though, I tell new mamas when I see them to go home and take pics of those little toes and fingers, and noses, cuz you can never get them again. They aren't anywhere near cute when they are teenagers, lol. Great page, and love the stack of books.

Lauri said...

Oh I have BOXES of 20 year old (and older) photos to scrap! and my house is a mess too! But I am happy! Isn't that all that matters?? Love the pics..they are the cutest!

Cook Scrap Craft said...

Stopping by from sketchy thursdays! your LO is so cute! I just love the brackets!

Pink Heather said...

Love your take on the sketch. Such a cute photo. I love catching my kids doing stuff like that.

Tessa Buys said...

I love the corrugated hearts! Great job!

Tessa, Sketchy Thursdays DT