Thursday, February 18, 2010

Pensive?


I did this for the color challenge on Challenge Masters but I also used the new sketch from Sketchy Thursdays (this is Thursday so I went hunting for it - so fun!)  The color challenge was fire, blush, chocolate and vanilla.  My fire is really more pumpkin but hey - you work with what you have.

Journaling reads:

Pensive? I think not…

I know that little mouth. It is just about to burst into a contagious giggle. Haley, in borrowed shades,
age three, April 1997.


Don't ask me why I chose this one old photo - it just reached out and begged to be scrapped.  Heck it was probably tired of being crushed in the two ton pile of other photos sitting on top of it.  That's right - this is the child that is 16 and she was only 3 in this photo.  Taken by hubby's best friend on their back porch (I can see him and his camera reflected in the sunglasses)

Simple page but I like it - No time for all pages to be complex works of art.  It is easy to get a page done when you have a great sketch and your colors chosen for you!

6 comments:

Veronica said...

What a sweet photo. Simple pages are great for letting the photo have all the attention.

Karen Lee said...

I like what you did with the sketch....nice job!

xoxo Karen Lee

MaryR said...

so adorable! Love this page

Carolyn Sharkas said...

great sketch and great picture of Haley. you know I love your scrapbooking.

hugs

jennifer said...

Beutiful colors and I love the simplicity of it and the ripped paper in the same color, so cool! thanks for playing along!
Jennifer C. Sketchy Thursdays dt

Tessa Buys said...

I love your journaling! Beautiful page.

Tessa, Sketchy Thursdays DT