Wednesday, February 10, 2010

On the Dog House

Well, the Peanuts Characters are just too much fun to punch - simple shapes, recognizable characters but so many poses you can use.  Charles Schultz added so much to our culture with his few panels in the newspaper each day.  Amazing what can be done with paper and ink!  Think what can be done with paper, ink and PUNCHES!!!!!!

Here is Snoopy in a familiar locale with a familiar friend.


Not a full tutorial but here is a photo of snoopy in work to aid you in making him
Head and neck - butterfly punch
collar - slot
hind legs - heart to heart
body - circle 1.25 (I think)
You can see where I drew and cut Linus's blanket on the blue scrap paper.

NOTE: I took this photo before adding the arms - the arm is the small my way arrow and the paw is flower trio trimmed down to three 'fingers'

Woodstock was a Bo Ho blossom flower - trimmed for head
Smallest in heart to heart cut in half - one half body and one half tail - I snipped straight at the end of the tail
For his feet I snipped in two 'V' shapes in the end of a slot punch - then attached it behind Woodstock, folding the "toes" around to the front.  This is some tiny little punch art - I think it would be easier to draw him!

6 comments:

Christine said...

so cute!! You never cease to amaze me Ellen!
I look forward to your posts..
Christine

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely adorable! Thanks for sharing.
jmgeisler

Whimcees said...

Checking your blog daily to see what you have created can lift my spirits no matter what. :<)

You have such fun creating and it shows!

Wishing you a great day today!

Barbara Diane

Carolyn Sharkas said...

I have got to make these two, always my favorites, as were all the Peanuts gang. I really don't think kids these days would understand why
we liked them so much. They weren't killing each other or fighting dragons. I mean, just because a football gets pulled out from under your kick now and then.....


thanks, as usual, for sharing.

hugs,

htt://stampwithmercedes.blogspot.com said...

Wow you're so good. I love your blog and I always show to my husband and son they too think you're great. I bow to you.

Stacy said...

I love the peanuts images, especially snoopy. I hope you do more of them. Thanks!