Saturday, February 27, 2010

Time for Round Ball

When I was poking around Goggle looking for baseball poses I came upon basketball inspiration. 

You knew the Inspiration Fairy checks into the Google Hotel for rest and relaxation, didn't you? That is where I find her when she isn't hovering over my punch drawer. If you need her, check there. She is often on the clip-art floor or in the cartoon suite.

Anyway, back to basketball...

Obviously a younger player (not a pro) since he is mainly feet (not tattooed muscle). "Mainly feet" is a pretty good description of a lot of young teen boys I think.  Except in real life, he would have much fancier and expensive shoes with some famous logo on them.

I almost did his hair in Apricot Appeal so I could give him a wee moustache and call it apricot fuzz instead of peach fuzz but I figured telling you all that was as good a giggle as actually doing it.

I did have a basketball request from Janice for her grandson so maybe this will get her started.  Janice, if your grandson is younger leave the eyebrows off - those seemed to age him a few years.

Here is a photo I took before assembly (and before eyebrows)



Only part that might not be clear is the shirt - wide oval - cut almost in half - trimmed three times with the word window for neck and both arm holes.  And the hair is just like Stephen Brock - male demo.  And you will notice that some of the word windows were shortened by reinserting them and punching again.

I tried to make a basketball by drawing the lines on a circle but it was much easier to use the "Just Basketball" stamp.  Stamped in pumpkin pie on white - sponged really rust around the edges.

Gale Foster emailed that she needs a girl basketball player so I'll be trying that for tomorrow's post.  I know the pose I want to use.  I guess you will find out tomorrow if I was successful with it or not.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you all so much for this basketball player. My grandsons birthday card! you came through with my request...THANK YOU Janice Ps Now I have another request and another grandson who is a runner.

Robbe said...

These little sports guys are fantastic....will definately get used in my scrapbooking.......do you have any Paint Balls guys up your creative sleeve? **grin**

Ellen Kemper said...

Janice, for a runner use the same character - just position his arms and feet differently. You can do it! Give it a try.

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and I am loving it! Thank you for all the fabulous ideas. I am having trouble with the shoes. Regular readers of your blog probably know all about how they are made, but I am clueless.

Anonymous said...

OK... I think I am starting to get it.... I see a punk rocker in the hair of your basketball player! LOL!
stampwithme123(at)juno(dot)com

Ellen Kemper said...

Shoes are half a butterfly punch - this time I added a little notch.

Anonymous said...

Oh, now I see it. Thanks so much Ellen.